Welcome to Week 2, fellow Wrimos!
As of this writing, collectively we have written 2,162,561 words. Wow! Over TWO MILLION words! Those are words that never would have been written without NaNoWriMo. We have over 300 writing warriors forging a trail through heroic and creative endeavors. We’ve been going strong!
And then week 2 hits.
This is a time when many things can happen. Perhaps your characters have decided that they don’t know what to do? Maybe you’re starting to wonder why you even started this whole crazy thing? Possibly you haven’t really even started and are thinking about just chucking it all. Or it could be that you’re looking at someone else’s word counts and instead of being motivated, feel you’ll never get there. Or perchance you’re still so excited about your novel that you just don’t want to stop writing.
If you fall into the “it’s too difficult” category right now, then this is the time to draw upon your inner ninja.
Ninjas are fierce. They are honor driven and they don’t let fear and negativity slow them down. Ninjas forge ahead against all obstacles and never give up until they meet their objective. They are resourceful too and they will use any tool they can find along the way.
Now is the time to gather all of your Ninja Tools and use them.
- Pull out your plot ninja rescue ring and find one to incorporate into your plot. (If you didn’t get one and would like one, send me a PM and let me know when you’ll be at a write in and I’ll see if I can get one to you.)
- Take your plastic plot ninja and set him by you as you write to remind you that you can do this! (We have more of these available as prizes for winning Cauldron of Doom sprints at our write ins.)
- If you need extra encouragement, collect all of the plot ninjas and have them lined up protecting you from the “I can’t do this” villainous thoughts that creep in.
- Try out a challenge in our challenge thread.
- Come to a write in. We will be meeting this week on Thursday 11-14 from 7-10 pm at Old Chicago in Okemos.
- Do a writing marathon and plan on heading up with us to Saginaw on Saturday the 16th for the Battle of Midway and use that time to catch up on your words.
- Join us in the chat room and do word wars online. Instructions can be found here.
- Strive to win the award for most guilt monkeys passed along and let that motivate you.
- Post something on the Faces thread and watch your word counts rise on the graph with others.
- Enlist the help of others in the Pimp My Plot thread.
- Remind yourself that even famous authors go through the I can’t do this doldrums by reading one of the best week 2 pep talks I’ve read by Neil Gaiman.
So channel your inner Ninja. Honor the story that is forming and keep writing. Be persistent and like the ninja, you will push through the obstacles of week 2 and come through victorious!
Annette (Contemplative Cat) and Alaina (A_Rachelle)
Co-Municipal Liasions, USA::Michigan::Lansing