Happy Thanksgiving Wrimos!
I hope that you take some time in-between your lush Thanksgiving dinner to write a little bit. Sneak away for a 20 minute word war with Timmy in the chat room and jump start your words or jump in on a word war with another region. Whatever you do, be sure to use some of your time today to write.
TGIO aka Thank Goodness It’s Over Party
Every year we celebrate our wins and near wins, challenges and successes at an end of NaNo party. This year ours will be on the 7th.
When: Sunday December 7, 2014
Where: The Avenue Cafe (Gone Wired) 2021 E Michigan Ave, Lansing, MI
Time: 3-6 pm.
- Socializing – Come share your triumphs, challenges and general awesomeness with other wrimos.
- Share Excerpts – If you’d like to share some passages from your novel, feel free to bring them with you.
- Special Certificates – We will have special certificates for you to celebrate your accomplishments.
- A chance to win – your very own soft squishy NaNoRhino, our NaNoLansing Mascot
- Guilt Monkey Prizes – We will have prizes for those who shared the most guilt monkeys.
- Potluck – If you can, bring some food (no liquids) to share. If you can’t bring food, come anyway. We still want to see you!
To coordinate potluck items and any carpooling offered or needed, see our thread here.
Please RSVP by December 6th at Eventbrite.
Are you grateful to NaNo? Do you appreciate everything that happens behind the scenes to make this happen? Would you like to see your MLs embarrass themselves again this year, like we did for last year’s fundraising challenge? (Watch till the end – there’s an Easter Egg there.)
Then please consider donating to NaNoWriMo. Our fundraising challenge goals can be found in this thread.
You will be able to see just how close we are to meeting those goals by looking just above the threads in our regional forum.
Don’t forget about our last three write ins. We’ll help you reach whatever goal you have set for yourselves and help you achieve your win! (I know you can do it.)
Online Write In – Friday 11-28 from 2 until 4 PM
Write-(in) through the holidays – Saturday 11 am until 2 pm EL Pie Company
Last Blast Get Your Words In – Sunday 9 pm until midnight – Old Chicago in Okemos
Well it’s time for me to write a few words while I let my stock simmer. Gotta get those last 15K words in during these last few days! Hmm… 15K in 3 days? Yes. I can and WILL do it – and you can too!
Annette (Contemplative Cat) & Alaina (A_Rachelle)
Co-Municipal Liaisons, USA::Michigan::Lansing.
AKA your event coordinators, purveyors of fun, answerers of questions and senders of periodic regional messages to keep you in the loop.