Happy December Wrimos!
I hope you are relaxing and enjoying your time after NaNo. If you’re like me, you might be missing the excitement and the fun.
Well never fear. We have one more event for you this year!
Our TGIO (Thank Goodness Its Over) Party will be held on Sunday 12-7 at the Avenue Cafe from 3 pm until 6.
We will have:
- Socializing – Come share your triumphs, challenges and general awesomeness with other wrimos.
- Share Excerpts – If you’d like to share some passages from your novel, feel free to bring them with you.
- Special Certificates – We will have special certificates for you to celebrate your accomplishments. (To be emailed because my computer died on 12-2)
- A chance to win – your very own soft squishy NaNoRhino, our NaNoLansing Mascot
- Guilt Monkey Prizes – We will have prizes for those who shared the most guilt monkeys.
- Potluck – If you can, bring some food (no liquids) to share. If you can’t bring food, come anyway. We still want to see you!
We would like to offer a hearty congratulations to our 2014 NaNoLansing Homed winners:
(Listed from highest to lowest winning word count)
lgk-chan, missmoppet, Kyleen66, Drakelah , write_side, cjtremlett, Ravena_Swan, Contemplative Cat, Nicolebi-Wan Kenobi, cactusrose, kristine43, htewing, Biddywink , pamelaphilo, The_Riskbreaker, Coleen Nye, morgoran, PaygeTurner, TattoedLaura,, Suri16 , Resems, toruletheworld97, akivos, stargirlofthesea, knicolette, krazykat2, babybirdi, The_Bean, meika622, TajaReyul, JA Sure, DRyelle, Lori Holuta, K Lynn Smith, Cavebound Dragon, ardentscribe, AbsentlyBumblebee, RighterBlock19, Lena Chang, kyttyn, Swallowaist, jesirobe, Tango Aida 7, nasaul, LisSimmons, WaltzxofxPain, YuOfOwari22, postapocalypso, FrancescaGrace, SparrowClef, TheLukeskywalker2, AllyM84, Hilary-Noelle, A_Rachelle, dei.gratia.hobbit, poetrygirl73, GreenEyedKat, Catherine,, Monica 216, Aspigander, FreedomWarrior, ms-carter, rhansen620 , Neosaneone, Eve Rebil, hijinx_redux, Boximus, anfields, Teresa Rose, riverwoman, Remmirath, JBug963, DoctorProfessorMedECal, Sol Aeon, jmethvin, joniraincloud, Random_Gauge, Super Writer, The Not-so-Evil Overlord, Valbug, ElfBartels, numbauno777, dimoongoddess
For our three wrimos who wrote over 50K words but did not validate, there is still time to be able to get your pretty purple winner’s bar. See this thread for more info.
I like numbers so I’ve compiled a list of numbers as of 12-1-14. These are some great numbers!
- 334 wrimos signed on to write
- 270 wrimos wrote at least one word (That’s 31% of our wrimos)
- 86 wrimos who were homed to the Lansing region wrote 50K or more words (That’s 32% of our wrimos)
- 83 wrimos validated their novels and officially won. (That’s 31% of our wrimos who wrote at least one word and 25% of all wrimos)
- 6,588,872 words were written by our region
- The average number of words written for people who wrote at least one word was 24403 words
- The average number of words written for all wrimos was 19,727 words.
- I don’t have the full numbers, but as I look at names, it appears that over 80% of the people who attended write ins (not just the kick off write in) officially won.
- We brought in $860 in donations. It doesn’t look like we met our fundraising goals, but we thank each and every one of you for your donations. NaNo wouldn’t exist without all of you. 😀
Change from 2013 to 2104:
- 3% more wrimos wrote this year
- 3.5% more words were written this year
- 3.75% more wrimos won this year
Yay to lovely increases!
I suspect there are guilt monkeys that have not been recorded yet, so please be sure to do that by Saturday night so we can tally everything up.
We currently have 224 guilt monkeys listed that were passed to others.
Speaking of guilt monkeys, please be sure to send them back to us. You can bring them to the TGIO, mail them to the address listed below the instruction sheet on your envelope or NaNoMail, text or email me and we can arrange a time to pick them up. We want to be sure we have enough monkeys around to play next year and they are becoming scarce. 😉
We will be doing monthly write ins through the year. Watch the regional thread and your regional emails for more information.
I really hope to see you at the TGIO party! Regardless – Have a wonderful holiday season!
Annette aka Contemplative Cat along with Alaina aka A_Rachelle
Co-Municipal Liaisons for USA::Michigan::Lansing