It’s November 1, the day when hundreds of thousands of people around the world embark on the exciting journey of writing. It’s the day when the NaNoLansing Library is filled with dreams of completed novels. Characters come out to play and rush forth to have their story told. Writers contemplate their next scene and fingers are flying across keyboards and paper.
Your characters are just as excited as you are to be given life. They long to have their stories join in with the many other stories that line the shelves of the library. Whether you have fully developed and fleshed out characters or they are just fuzzy, vague ideas, let them come forth. As you write, they will become clearer to you. Your story will move forward as you guide them through the what if and what next process.
Use the enthusiasm you have right now to get a jump start on your word counts. Write as much as you can this week and give yourself some word count padding. Now’s the time to really run with your thoughts while you and your characters are fresh and enthusiastic.
Write strong, write hard, and write every day. Even if you only write a few words, you are still moving forward and adding to your novel. Post your word count every day and you’ll receive a shiny badge showcasing your achievement.
What else to check out and do while you are on the forum:
- Fill in your novel info. You can always revise it later.
- Be sure that you are homed to USA::Michigan::Lansing so your words count for our area.
- Get a halo either by donating or by the Halo Relocation Program. We still have nine spots for wrimos to be haloed from our traveling TARDIS of good noveling karma donations. Check out our Halo Relocation Program thread.
- Mark your calendar for Saturday, November 7th and Double up Donation Day. You can get the $50 donation items for only donating $25. (Sorry there’s no double up for other donation levels.) Plus there will be chances for hourly prizes along with a grand prize winner.
Want to be encouraged and have some camaraderie while you write? We have some very fun activities and resources available to you.
- Make a post in the Word Count Tracker thread and watch how your word counts compare with your fellow wrimos.
- Participate in the Guilt Monkey Game. We already have monkeys that have been spotted in the area.
- Write a pep talk for your fellow wrimos and win a badge for your author info page in the process.
- Post and give feedback on your novel synopsis.
- Participate in NaNoSelfie Day. Help your fellow wrimos around the world by posting a picture of yourself to Twitter or Facebook #NaNoSelfieDay2015 and #NaNoLansing. We’ll flood the NaNoverse with inspiring pictures that day.
We have a wonderful assortment of write-ins available to you.
- If you’re a night owl, gbjazzman will be having a late night write-in at the Denny’s on the westside from 12:30 to 2 am on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
- Our next ML sponsored write-in will be Thursday November 5th at Old Chicago in Okemos from 7 to 10 pm.
- Stay up Thursday night and drive out to the west side for another late night write-in with gbjazzman at Denny’s from 12:30 to 2 am again.
While not a NaNoWriMo event, the Capital City Writer’s Association is having their all day Go Green, Go Write event on Saturday and it is free of charge. There are already 80 people who will be attending that. Wow!
Well it’s time for this writer to get back to her novel, so for now, I, and my characters, bid you adieu.
Write on fellow wrimos. Write on!
Annette aka Contemplative Cat
along with Alaina aka A_Rachelle
Your NaNoLansing Municipal Liaisons (MLs) aka your event coordinators, purveyors of fun, answerers of questions and senders of periodic regional messages to keep you in the loop.