This Saturday 11-5-16 is Double Up Donation Day. You may have received the email from HQ about this, but we wanted to let you know what we, as a region, are doing for this day.
First off, for those of you who don’t know, it’s always been the mission of NaNoWriMo to offer these awesome programs for free for wrimos (that’s participants of NaNoWriMo for those who don’t know). But did you know that NaNoWriMo is mostly funded by us? That’s right! The donations we give and the profit from the products we purchase is what funds a good part of this nearly $1,000,000 enterprise. That’s a huge budget to fund by participants.
Double Up Donation Day is a day when we can get more bang for our donation bucks and help keep this beloved organization of ours afloat. If you donate $25 – you’ll get the $50 donor goodies. Donating $100 will net you 2 posters!
These are the official activities that are going on. Namely:
- Double your donation: give $25 and receive the $50 donor goodies.
- Double your posters: give $100 and receive a second donor poster.
- Double your donation (again): look for dollar matches from our friends and sponsors at key hours during the day.
- Double your current word count, or whatever you normally write in a day.
- Double your noveling karma by gifting a halo. Just enter a friend’s username and they’ll be sporting new profile hardware within 24 hours. (Be sure to use the #HaloSpree hashtag to spread the word.)
But! In addition, we are doing some special things as part of our four-region HP event this month!
You can earn 20pts for your house by completing any of the above activities!
But wait – there’s more!
As an added incentive – for those of you who venture out to our Saturday Write In from 10 am to 1 pm at the EL Grand Traverse Pie Company (Orchard Room), we are offering more incentives!
- Double your cauldron prizes for all who donate – even change in the Traveling TARDIS, which goes toward giving halos to broke wrimos.
- Free sticker to anyone at the write in who doubles their daily word count – 3334 words
To earn points for your activities, post about them to let us know in the forums here! Just list your activities; for example: “I donated to the Tardis and doubled my word count!” If you do decide to donate, we do not need to know how much, just that you did so.
Let’s see how much activity we can get up to! I wonder how many points each house can secure? 😉
If you can’t donate on the 5th, there are other ways that you can help. Check out the more ways to give page.
Thanks so much for helping to keep this awesome organization going! We hope to see you at the Write In!
Your Word Wizard Professors – aka MLs
Annette (Contemplative Cat)