4 Region School of Wordcraft and Wizardry
Requirements (or How This Thing Works)
- The ML(s) of each region are acting as Head of 1 of the 4 Houses.
- The Wrimos of each region will be sorted into all 4 Houses.
- The 4 Houses, consisting of members of all 4 regions, will enjoy a friendly competition to see which House wins the “House Cup” at NaNo’s end.
- An old trophy and a piece of masking tape will represent the cup. At the TGIO, the winning House will be honored to have their photo taken with it- to prove that they are, in fact, the winners of the much coveted tape covered trophy. (Thanks to Wil Wheaton’s Tabletop for the trophy idea.)
- House Points will be awarded for Word Count, participation, Word Wars, and the like.
- Like those at Hogwart’s, House Points may be given and revoked by the MLs at their discretion. Mwaaahaahaa. (We shall not abuse the Power of the House Points. Unless there’s exquisite delectables involved.)
- House Points will only be awarded for those Wrimos who have activated their novel and provided their correct user name. An ML will add them to Utoxin’s Word Count Tool. (Again – You must create your profile’s NaNo novel and provide your correct user name in order to be added.)
- 1,000 words are equal to 10 House Points.
- ML awarded House Points will be added to the total House Points by that ML. (Note: This may or may not apply to region specific individual reward tracking.)
- Houses may not be sorted equally. Percentages will be used to tally points in order to keep each group on a more level playing field.
- Points earned by the MLs will go toward the House she represents.
- Each House will have one Common Room where they are encouraged to interact with their Housemates in all 4 regions. The Common Room for each House will be located in the regional forum of the ML representing that House. (Links by house heads names & will come later.)
- Enjoy your November as a Noveling Wizard! Social Media badges are available here.